Mellowes Primary School Tours
These professionally organised school tours offer core activities such as disco/talent show, sport/fun activities, free play, lunch/snack time, gardening fun and environmental care for kids. Our award-winning centre is located on 3 acres of interactive fun educational activities, including many environmental care projects which have earned us a Green Flag award!
School tours outdoor activities
Bouncy castle area, sports activities, coordination and balance areas, pedal go-karting, mini-golf, climbing towers, slides, swings, bowling, sand play, water play, mud kitchen, obstacle course, wobble poles, monkey bars, imaginary play and picnic areas for children and teachers.
School tours indoor activities
Flower seed planting, gardening skills, environment care projects, reduce, reuse and recycle projects, sand house, dining areas, disco and talent show.
Mellowes interactive educational school tours help children learn through playful activities.
- Healthy eating
- An eco friendly grow tunnel
- The children’s flower growing project
- Hands-on approach to simple gardening.
- Identify Flowers, Fruit and Vegetables
- Harvest fruit and vegetable from our tunnel and garden
- Taste fresh herbs from the garden
Green Flag award-winning centre
Our many eco-friendly educational initiatives help our children to learn about caring for the natural environment, growing and eating plants and healthy food, and the concept of reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Simple environmentally friendly ways to create a home garden
- How to grow and care for your own Fruit and Vegetables
- Understand why eating healthy Fruit and Vegetables is so important
- Make your own compost at home
- Discover what a wormery can do for us
The Mellowes Grow Project
Become involved in this exciting project that has been running at Mellowes for 12 years. Children plant flower seeds/bulbs on their school tour. Mellowes look after them until they are ready. At this stage, we donate them to elderly people in our community and to community projects. This helps children understand the importance of caring for the community we live in and also teaches them to respect the plants that grow around us. It also helps young children connect with the elderly in the community.
While at Mellowes children are shown an easy way to make compost from leaves, grass and other material we find around us. Children are shown how we can turn our food waste into compost and how easy it is to set up your own compost-making area at home. We explain how the compost is used to grow our seed/bulbs and how the principle of reduce, reuse and recycle helps the environment.
Develop key areas of the curriculum
Science: identify living plants and animals, flora and fauna environmental awareness and care. Geography: Natural environments, our local natural environment. SPHE: Myself and the wider world around me.
School tour reminder
Children must dress for the elements, a hat/cap can be worn, apply sun cream, and wear footwear that can easily be taken on and off. Velcro shoes or wellies are perfect. Bring a packed lunch as there will be a small snack break and a big lunch.
School tour teacher notes
Teachers will be able to avail of complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits on arrival. There will be ample opportunity for teachers to accompany and observe their group while they are participating in the fun-filled activities. Teachers can also take photos of your group enjoying their school tour at Mellowes.
Mellowes school tours are very popular and we strongly advise you to book early to secure your preferred date. Bookings are accepted up to a year in advance, but we encourage you to contact us if you are looking for a last-minute tour as well. Mellowes trained guides will manage the onsite activities during your group tour. To make a booking.
- Please contact our office to check availability – CONTACT US TODAY
- Download the booking form from our website here – DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm and secure your booking, which can be paid by bank transfer or by card over the phone. Once your date is confirmed to be available, we will hold it for you as a provisional booking for up to five working days to arrange for payment.
- The completion payment is due on the day of the tour.
Mellowes School Tour Cost
The price is €12 per child and this includes all activities. No additional charges apply for any activities.
Mellowes School Tour Times
School tours are three hours long and run from 10am to 1pm approximately.
Reviews of Our School Tours for Primary Schools
- The resources were well structured | Primary School Tours Review 2020
Junior and senior had a terrific day in a very safe child friendly environment. The staff at Mellowes were kind and enthusiastic, putting huge effort into ensuring that every child had an enjoyable day. The resources were well structured. The children loved planting the seeds and learning about plants. Well done and thank you very much.
Fionnula Lynam Mc Keon. St. Marys National School. Collinstown. County WestMeath
- The entertainment level was simply fantastic | Primary School Tours Review 2020
The sun shone all day at Mellowes and the children had a fantastic day. The children were kept busy all day and the entertainment level was simply fantastic. The group leaders were capable, competent, friendly and enthusiastic.
Aideen Djemodh. Longwood National School. Enfield county Meath.
- The staff at Mellowes are both friendly and professional | Primary School Tours Review 2020
It has been a fantastic day. The children are really enjoying the experience. The staff at Mellowes are both friendly and professional. What a great place for kids. Everyone had a ball. Fantastic for big groups and lots of support from the staff. Well done Mellowes. I will definitely be returning and will be highly recommending Mellowes to other teachers.
Irene Mc Cormack. Rush and Lusk Educate Together. Lusk county Dublin.